Quote of the day

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

London, Dec 3 (PTI) Traumatised by last week's Mumbai attacks, as many as six cricketers might stay back even if England decide to tour India for the two-match Test series, according to former pacer Dominick Cork.
Cork said he talked to most of the English cricketers who returned home abandoning the last two ODIs in India following the Mumbai attacks and claimed five-six of them are definitely not going to return to India.

"I know of at least five or six players who are going to turn their backs on England. Those I've spoken to are traumatised. What they saw on television was 10 times worse than what was shown here," Cork told the BBC Five Radio.

Though he didn't name the players, pacer Steve Harmison and spinner Graeme Swann have already gone public with their reluctance to tour India, while Andrew Flintoff too feels the same way. Pacer James Anderson is also likely to stay back to be with his pregnant wife.

The England and Wales Cricket Board, for the past few days, were locked in talks over the future of the Test series, the fate of which now hangs on security expert Reg Dickason's report. PTI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment